Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Game Plan ahead of FOMC meeting

Ahead of the Fed, I am going to wait tomorrow morning and enter into a long position.  I plan on selling this a couple of hours before the announcement.  I have no idea what the Fed will do, but it won't be anything earth shattering.  Without them moving on rates, it comes down to language, and that doesn't mean much at this point.  The most likely scenario I see is a dip on the initial announcement, and then a strong rally and then minor selloff at the close.

FOMC most likely scenario


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mkt always goes up around 1 % on the day of the announcement leading up to 2:15 right dawg? Then sellf off after maybe?

Cash money on my longs

MarketCynic said...

Mkt doesn't always go up 1% ahead of the announcement, but it goes up much more often than it goes down ahead of the announcement. And usually its not 1%, its probably closer to 1/2%.