Friday, October 30, 2009

Chicago PMI and Consumer confidence

We've got a couple of reports today that might move the market a bit during the first 30 minutes of trading.  Actually, buyers seems to be brave again so I would not be surprised to see a pop on the news from the Chicago PMI and the Michigan consumer confidence number.  Even if we pop on the data, I don't think it will last into the close. 

Yesterday's big rally stole a lot of thunder that could have been used for today so I think the market has got ahead of itself.  The anticipators were buying ahead of the so-called fund managers marking up portfolios for end of October.  I don't know how much marking up actually gets done but I am willing to bet that its a lot smaller than most people think.

I expect a weak close today and will be setting up for that.

No comments: