Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Who doesn't expect us to go up again?

I have been reading financial articles, watching Bubblevision, and getting a feel for traders' views and the majority seem to agree that we will go right back up after this little pullback.  And I think most people are expecting only a little pullback.

I see a lot of hardcore economic bears but not too many hardcore stock market bears.  Its almost as if most bears feel like liquidity from Banana Ben will hose them down so they don't bother shorting.  The bears that I see seem like pansies, only willing to stay short for a couple of days and then bailing out looking to reshort higher.  Sometime in November, I expect there to be a 8-10% correction, and very little bounce.  That will surprise the bulls and only the hardcore bears will be left to reap the rewards.

In premarket, we got the typical chicken little shorts and eager beaver longs buying here afraid that we'll shoot straight higher off the open.
I'm calling for a sell off at the open, but I don't see it being sustained.  Then a countertrend midday rally with a slight selloff near the close.  We still need to generate more fear and that's going to take time.